We can help you acclimatise and teach you how to dive in a dry suit which is a fantastic skill to learn. It will open up more of diving to you including Scotland, Ireland, Norway, Iceland to name a few wonderful places to dive.
If, like many people, you completed your PADI Open Water course in warmer seas, you will likely have dived wearing a wetsuit or perhaps nothing more than swim suit and shorts. In Scotland the sea temperature ranges from 5 to 14 degrees Celsius and you will need to wear something a little warmer! We dive all year round in dry suits to allow us to dive comfortably and safely, as well as stay warm and dry on the surface between dives.
Being able to dive in a dry suit is a fantastic skill to learn. Many dive centres, including ours, require qualification or logged experience in dry suit diving before you can hire a dry suit. We offer the PADI Drysuit Diver course to take you through all of the skills you need to dive safely and comfortably in a dry suit. This is a PADI speciality course, so you will also gain a qualification towards Master Scuba Diver. Furthermore, dive 1 of the course is the PADI Dry Suit Adventure dive, and so can be credited to your PADI Advanced Open Water certification (with a discount applied).
If you are keen to dive in Scotland, but have not dived in a dry suit AND it has been more than six months since you last dived you will also require a refresher in the basics. Our PADI Dry Suit and PADI ReActivate package will be perfect for you, and is our most frequently requested combination of courses. You will be signed up to the PADI ReActivate online course and receive a PADI Dry Suit manual to study at home. We complete the confined water dry suit orientation and the ReActivate pool session on the same day, then head to open water (usually the following weekend) to complete dives 1 and 2 of the PADI Dry Suit Diver course to complete the course. Following this you will be ready to join club dives, with an experienced buddy to start with, and make the most of diving here at home.
PADI Dry Suit
- Cost: £160 (£144 for members)
- Includes: PADI Dry Suit Manual, theory, dry suit orientation in the pool, two open water dives, full equipment hire and certification.
- Book into our monthly pool training weekends (usually Saturday) and the shore dives on the following weekends. See calendar.
PADI Dry Suit and ReActivate (online theory and pool skills practice)
- Cost: £250 (£225 for members)
- Includes: PADI Dry Suit Manual, PADI ReActivate online, theory, dry suit orientation and Reactivate skills practice in the pool, two open water dives, full equipment hire and certification. Book into our monthly pool training weekends (usually Saturday) and the shore dives on the following weekends.
- Book into our monthly pool training weekends (usually Sunday) and the shore dives on the following weekends. See calendar.