Teach the sport you love
As an Open Water Scuba Instructor you can teach PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving all the way to Divemaster. But it’s not just about teaching – in fact, you’re in a position to help transform people’s lives by introducing them to the underwater world.
To become an Instructor, you participate in an Instructor Development Course (IDC) during which you will learn all about PADI’s system of diver education and how to teach it to people effectively. You will also learn lots about yourself, and gain skills which will help you in many situations other than just diving!
On successfully completing the IDC you have a two-day Instructor Exam (IE) which includes dive theory and PADI standards, as well as teaching in the classroom, in a pool and in open water. This is conducted by indepedent Instructor Examiners who (contrary to popular belief) really want you to pass!
By completing the Master Scuba Diver Trainer preparation course you are able to teach PADI Specialities from the moment you pass your Instructor Exam. Our IDCs will include preparation for your very first Specialty rating, Dry Suit Instructor, as part of the course, not least as this is a must-have if you want to teach in Scotland.
Deep Blue Scuba has its very own in-house Course Director, Rob Mackean ([email protected]), who will help you on your journey quite literally from the moment you get in touch with us.
Open Water Scuba Instructor / Speciality Instructor
- Instructor Development Course and Instructor Exam
- Allow approximately two weeks for a full time course. Flexible courses are also available which include content delivered virtually as well as in-person sessions. These will generally run over several weekends with virtual sessions run flexibly but usually one evening a week.
- You will train with PADI Course Director Rob Mackean
- Available dates: Contact Rob (see below) for our next planned dates or to discuss your requirements
- Prerequisites: Age 18+, PADI Divemaster, PADI Emergency First Response Instructor, 60 logged dives to start and 100 logged dives to complete the Exam, current CPR / First Aid training, Medical Statement signed by a physician
- Contact Rob on [email protected] for more information or with any questions