Teach the sport you love
As an Open Water Scuba Instructor you can teach PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving all the way to Divemaster. But it’s not just about teaching – in fact, you’re in a position to help transform people’s lives by introducing them to the underwater world.
To become an Instructor, you participate in an Instructor Development Course (IDC) which consists of two parts. Part 1 will take you through the Assistant Instructor Curriculum and part 2 introduces you to PADI’s way of teaching scuba diving.
After the IDC you complete a two-day Instructor Exam (IE) which includes dive theory, PADI standards, as well as teaching in the classroom, in a pool and in open water.
By completing the Master Scuba Diver Trainer preparation course you are able to teach PADI Specialities from the moment you pass your Instructor Exam.
Deep Blue Scuba teams up with Prior Knowledge for our IDCs. PADI Platinum Course Director Steve Prior and his wife Janet, an IDC Staff Instructor, will help you on your journey quite literally from the moment you get in touch with us.
Open Water Scuba Instructor / Speciality Instructor
- Instructor Development Course and Instructor Exam
- Allow approximately two weeks
- Train with PADI Platinum Course Director Steve Prior
- Available dates: See calendar
- Prerequisites: Age 18+, PADI Divemaster, PADI Emergency First Response Instructor, 60 logged dives to start and 100 logged dives to complete the Exam, current CPR / First Aid training, Medical Statement signed by a physician
- Contact us for more information